Harold Craig Spears
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law & Litigation
- Insurance Law & Litigation
- Closely Held Business Representation
- Real Estate & Title Dispute Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- North Carolina, 1979
- South Carolina, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1979
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1986
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1979
- Honors: With Honors
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- B.A. cum laude - 1976
- Major: Management Sciences
- Keistler v. Keistler, 522 S.E.2d 338 (N.C. App. 1999)
- North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company v. Weaver, 517 S.E. 2d 381 (N.C. App 1999)
- Capitol Funds, Inc. v. Royal Indem. Com, 458 S.E.2d 741 (N.C. App 1995)
- Welling v. Walker, 451 S.E.2d 329 (N.C. App 1994)
- Meachum v. Faw, 436 S.E.2d 141 (N.C. App 1993)
- Iverson v. Tm One, Inc., 92 N.C. App. 161 (N.C. App. 1988)
- Robinson v. North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance Company, 86 N.C. App. 44 (N.C. App. 1987)
- Eastwood Construction Co., Inc.
- Starboard, Inc.
- Citadel Homes, Inc.
- Re Max Elite, Inc.
- Capital Funds, Inc.
- Peter Stokkebye International, Ltd.
- United Subcontractors, Inc.
- North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company
- Employers Mutual Insurance Company
- Rick Judson, Cidadel Homes, Inc.
- Joe Stewart, Eastwood Construction
- Doug Blackwell, Metromont Materials Corp., Spartanburg, SC
- Charles Allen, North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co, Raleigh, NC
- Judy Funderburk, EMC, Charlotte, NC
- Discovery in Civil Litigation, Mecklenburg County Bar Association, 1999 - 2000
Honors and Awards
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2008 - 2014
- 2014 Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite (Construction)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 1979 - Present
- North Carolina State Bar Association, Member, 1979 - Present
- South Carolina State Bar Association, Member, 1998 - Present
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Member, 1999 - Present
- Defense Research Institute, Member, 1995 - Present